Pareto Logic Anti-spyware and XoftSpySE

earthlover 16:16 24 Jun 2008

I have read that the XoftSpySE is very good and when I downloaded the free scanner it found lots of threats some serious which my free products (AVG,COMODO and SPYWARE TERMINATOR)don't seem to be dealing with.

With the free scanner you're not able to remove threats, you khave to buy the product.

I can only find the US website which is in Dollars, obviously. Where can I buy this in the UK online? Is it really a good product and how much is it in the UK?

Thanks for your input.

Mac70 16:18 24 Jun 2008

XofSpy is no longer a rogue application but it is still a bad program, finding lots of fp's. Avoid it.

earthlover 16:22 24 Jun 2008

How do you mean rogue application?

Mac70 16:24 24 Jun 2008

It used to be one of those that used unscrupulous methods to make you buy it. It has supposedly cleaned up its act enough to be de-listed but it is still a bad program.

mfletch 16:30 24 Jun 2008

Try using some trusted antispyware programs,

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

click here

Superantispyware,

click here

Both free and excellent

mfletch

earthlover 16:34 24 Jun 2008

I was impressed with the scan that XoftSpySE did. As I said it found several severe threats including trojan (Zlob or something like that). This has worried me and I want to improve my anti-spyware.

Can u or anyone else suggest another one. I would ideally like one with real time protection and don't mind paying if neccessary.

As I said I have Spyware Terminator and Ad-Aware free at the moment. Neither have real time but I could upgrade to Ad-Aware plus fo about 19.95.

Suggestions please.

Mac70 16:37 24 Jun 2008

If you do have Vundo, there isnt any mainstream programs going to fix that. best option is to run this
click here

although Vundofix does tend to miss some of the files these days.

mfletch 16:46 24 Jun 2008

The pay for versions of the above have real time protection

User-1229748 17:01 24 Jun 2008

spywareblaster stops spyware before it hits ya machine click here

birdface 17:11 24 Jun 2008

I used Xoftspy for years and never had any problems with it.Now superantispyware gets rid of most problems.click here After you use it reboot computer and try it again.

earthlover 18:06 24 Jun 2008

Thank you all for your responses. I will think about your suggestions and hopefully find a suitable solution.

Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?