parential controls software from windows, android and iphones

pookie 16:05 08 Nov 2014

Hi,

Can you recommend any software that does internet controls/filters covering windows, android and apple products? I have two teenagers. I have tried Opendns to set filters through my router. It doesn't always work but problem is that kids just switch off wifi on their phones and turn on data to get internet access that way. As such I need something to set controls on their actual devices as well.

Thank you

spuds 17:16 08 Nov 2014

I don't have a need to use any, but here's a selection that might be worth looking at from a Google search click here

pookie 18:07 08 Nov 2014

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've looked at those but the problem is that they tend to cover one platform eg windows only but not eg android. The likes of AVG do parental controls/web blocking but you need to pay for each different platform type. I'm really after one product that covers all platform types without the need to pay for 3 ie windows, android and apple

pookie 18:08 08 Nov 2014

I should add that Opendns is working ok now. The Enable Dynamic Address box was unticked

spuds 18:18 08 Nov 2014

Did you have a look at Qustodio, number 7 on page two on the link?.

Woolwell 20:40 08 Nov 2014

Apple iPhones have privacy controls and child protection built in see Apple manage your privacy and iOS Protection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?