Parental Control Software

Hobbit 13:51 12 Sep 2008

I am after some help.
I have three PC's in the house. My kids, 9 and 11 have PC's in there room which they can use whenever they like. I have found doing this has caused the novelty to go and they are not on it all hours.

They are getting to that age when they will start looking things up on the net that I would not want them to see. I am also being asked by friends about the best type to use.

I am just going round in circles now. I have tried a trial version of Net Nanny on one and it did not work that well as it tried to get stuff from the net before it had connected, causing many restarts. I have tried a couple of the free ones but they were not stable enough and one would not load. Cyber Patrol looked good but blocks all of MSN Messenger and you have to renew it each year.

Has anyone got one and tried it? A first hand recommendation is what I need.

Belatucadrus 13:59 12 Sep 2008

click here K9
click here Naomi
click here iProtectYou Free
click here Netveda

Sorry I can't offer any hands on recommendation as I've never used them.

Belatucadrus 14:11 12 Sep 2008

click here Crawler Parental Control

Hobbit 14:16 12 Sep 2008

Thanks.
I have tried Crawler and that was no good. I will give the others a go.

Has anyone used these?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:20 12 Sep 2008

"They are getting to that age when they will start looking things up on the net that I would not want them to see"

Lock your computers abnd tey will just lookat that stuff on another one somewhere else.

There is very little you can do about it, therefore the best bet is to talk to hem about the nast stuff and the dangers on line and then TRUST THEM.

If you have brought them up correctly (and I don't doubt it judging from your concern to protect them) then this is the best way to go, you can not "wrap them in cotton wool forever".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?