Parental Control.

Meshuga 16:11 25 Apr 2007

Where do you find the Parental Control facility please. OS XPhome sp2.

Graham. 16:26 25 Apr 2007

Tools, Internet Options, Content.

Graham. 16:28 25 Apr 2007

The kids will soon get round that one:-)

Gongoozler 16:54 25 Apr 2007

This was strongly recommended on this forum, and it was very easy to install click here

Meshuga 17:45 25 Apr 2007

My thanks to you all. I don`t have any kids, it`s for a cousin. Will pass it on.

VINCI 17:20 29 May 2007

Greetings! Being the father of 2 teenage kids in our household I can relate to your plight! We have 1 computer in our house and various issues from computer time and questionable websites yet no way to monitor any of the computers that the kids were on until now. I'm not that computer savvy either and I spent the better part of 1 1/2 years researching various companies. I found on the internet a software known as Responsible Surfing. I was initially interested in this software because we had a problem controlling computer time...and we tried everything from watches, egg timers, etc...but the kids were still on the computer 30-45 minutes past their assigned times. This was where Responsible Surfing came into play. I could assign certain times like 3:00 pm-5:00 pm then dinner and let them back on from 6:00 pm-7:30pm. When they reached the end of their assigned time, they receive a 1 minute warning that Responsible Surfing will shut off the computer and to save any important info that they have. It's great! Computer times is not an issue here anymore...but WAIT! It gets better! You can limit the amount of time per day for the usage of internet on the PC. It also a filtering software which would provide u a better facility to be informed about what your kids are doing when u r not around them.

We noticed that in the beginning there were some struggles with using the computer and complaints about being "kicked off" the computer with Responsible Surfing running. That lasted about 5-7 days. We even had a couple stand-offs between the teens with issues about "...you don't trust me anymore..." and boycotting the program for 5-7 days. We had a family meeting and told everyone OUR reasons as parents why we were concerned with everyone lack of self-control and our growing concerns with the internet being safe for them to use it. We also told them that we loved them and these conditions were non-negotiable. Like I said before, 5-7 days and now it's a simple routine around here. If someone needs more time we work around that and can easily add or subtract the amount they need. We try to limit the amount of computer time and encourage time away from the computer, more family time, time playing outside with their friends. I even spoke to other parents about our use of Responsible Surfing and they all have it now on their systems. I hope you decide what's best for you and explore all the options available out there. It's a big world out there and we as parents want to do our part to try and make it a little better and safer. Happy hunting!

VINCI 17:47 29 May 2007

just have a look on this website and if you can just download the trial version and see result...
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?