Parcel Tracking

pj123 19:33 10 Dec 2007

Having ordered an item from a supplier on the 7th December I was told it would be next working day delivery (10/12/2007?)

I received an email telling me it had been despatched via Royal Mail and I could track it using a tracking number.

Well, so far I have not received this item so I thought I would use the tracking service.

I logged in to the link the company supplied and entered my 13 digit tracking number.

It said:

"Recorded Signed Forâ„¢ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later."

What?

If it had been delivered I wouldn't want to be tracking it.

Totally-braindead 19:45 10 Dec 2007

Noticed this myself a few times. Doesn't make sense does it? Who on earth would want to track an item he/she had already received.

Technotiger 19:47 10 Dec 2007

Not knowing what firm you are dealing with, I would suggest that this does look decidedly dodgy!

cocteau48 19:47 10 Dec 2007

Here's a quote from an Amazon email received a couple of weeks ago when I was chasing an overdue parcel (which eventually turned up a week past the estimated delivery date)....and I am not knocking Amazon - they are usually brilliant.

"After contacting the carrier we were informed that your parcel have
passed to Royal Mail for delivery. We're happy to provide tracking
information for our customers when possible, but Royal Mail
deliveries do not have tracking numbers."

Simsy 20:33 10 Dec 2007

who would want to track a recorded delivery item is the person that sent it!

If I send something recorded delivery I want to make sure it gets there, as much as the person receiving it wants it to arrive.

The message you got is perfectly normal for recorded delivery.

Regards,

Simsy

HCOOH 20:36 10 Dec 2007

You should be able to get a copy of the signature as well after a few days.

pj123 11:55 12 Dec 2007

Package now arrived, recorded delivery.

Ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?