Parallel to Usb Epson Stylus Colour 440 problem?

albu 10:54 08 Apr 2009

Hi

My epson stylus colour 440 printer worked fine with XP home.

I bought a new pc and parallel port to USB cable for the epson stylus 440. When I press print it sits in the print queue and fails to print. An odd time it will print.

Using xp pro and xp epson stylus colour 440 driver. Note: XP PRO advises that the XP Windows driver for the printer is not the most up to date driver. Yet it works okay with xp home.

Can anyone offer any help or advice please?

Thanks in advance.

woodchip 14:33 08 Apr 2009

So whats it on now Vista ? if so look on the Epson Site for Vista drivers or go to the printer folder choose Add Printer then choose from list of printers

albu 11:28 10 Apr 2009

Using xp pro.

Connected Epson stylus 440 printer to a usb port using the usb/parallel converter cable. If the usb cable is left in socket IT WON'T PRINT. If you take the usb cable out and put it back in, IT PRINTS?

Why is this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

chub_tor 11:35 10 Apr 2009

Pulling out the USB cable and putting it back in refreshes the USB Port and checks that the driver is installed.

With the cable plugged in and the printer not responding go into Device Manager and check if you have a question or exclamation mark against the Printer or USB, if so click to update the driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone