Paragon Hard Disk Manager 6.0 Error Problem

davidmoore 10:58 22 Dec 2007

Having attempted to reallocate HDD letters using Hard Disc Manager something went wrong in the process resulting in inability to boot computer.
Message received on Black screen:-
"Your Disks were modified by Paragon Partition Engine! Insert its Boot Diskette & press any key".
Have had to obtain Recovery Data CD to boot from CD. This loads a DOS version of Hard Disk Manager and I have eventually managed to restore the partition information & Data and got the computer up & running. However despite Uninstalling then reinstalling Hard Disk Manager, the above message persists when trying to boot from Hard Disc, & I have got to go via the "Boot from CD" process to get into the computer. Can anyone suggest how I can delete the above message, so that Booting from Hard Disc can be restord please??

Killo Bite 13:58 22 Dec 2007

So Boot from HDD is set as 1st boot device and disable boot from other things like FDD, CD.

davidmoore 19:00 23 Dec 2007

Thanks Killo Bite for your suggestion, unfortunately this is not the answer. If I set BIOS to Boot from HDD, that is when the problem occurs and I have to reset BIOS to Boot from CD so that the DOS version of Hard Disk Manager runs from the CD, and I can choose from its menu to Boot up Windows. Then everything behaves normally. Thanks for your response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?