Paragon Hard Disk Management

rawprawn 15:21 21 Feb 2008

I loaded this from PCA February issue DVD, and registered OK.
When I try to open the program I get the Message
"Unknown Windows Version" Error Code 0x10094. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it is still the same. I have contacted Paragon support but had no reply (I suspect that there is no support for this special edition)
Anyone using it OK? I use Vista Home Premium.

[email protected] 16:12 21 Feb 2008

hi rawprawn
Just installed and registered ,seems ok
Ive resized a partition with no immediete side effects.
But ..im on xp home.
There seems to be someone else from the forum who had the issue in january maybe they have had a response
click here

rawprawn 16:21 21 Feb 2008

Hi *Raven* thanks for that, I have posted the same thing on their support so I will be patient and await a response. I wasn't sure they would because they seem to have different levels of support although it does say awaiting support.
click here
(I'm not sure it will let you view it. You have to register for support)

rawprawn 16:24 21 Feb 2008

How do you think it will be for External Drives?
Mine died yesterday, and I am thinking of partitioning the new one when it comes. I have partition Magic but unfortunately it won't run on Vista.

[email protected] 16:42 21 Feb 2008

not too sure to be honest,ive never partitioned mine but my external does appear in the list within the paragon software.
Seems ok on main drive,but as to how on external??

crosstrainer 17:55 21 Feb 2008

On the list, then you should be able to format it from there....rawprawn...which dvd is Paragon on? Got a pile on my desk here :)

crosstrainer 17:59 21 Feb 2008

Will try it now.

crosstrainer 18:15 21 Feb 2008

Works fine on this Vista setup....Yours is a laptop though if I remember?

crosstrainer 19:11 21 Feb 2008

Made a full image backup using Paragon 8.5 via USB...Took 17 mins. for a full image. Can only suggest your problem might be non-standard laptop config....Have not tried Paragon with my (XP) lappy.

rawprawn 20:38 21 Feb 2008

Thanks for the interest, you are right I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR31E laptop. As far as I know it is perfectly standard. The only thought I had was that It has a Recovery partition, and also I made an Acronis Secure Zone as a backup until the replacement drive arrives. Perhaps the Paragon didn't like the look of those partitions?

Not quite sure what you man by "If It Appears

On the list, then you should be able to format it from there."

I was just really considering Partitioning the new external drive which Western digital are sending as a replacement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?