Paragon Boot Mnaager

KenBuck 11:54 05 May 2009

My computer is a P4 with Asrock P4VT8+ Mother board with two HDD I installed and activated Paragon Boot Manager from Hard Disk Manager 6. First boot gave me alternative of A drive or C Drive picked C: and all ok. Second boot same alternatives but would not select and would not boot. Tried to correct, but finally formatted drive c and treid to reinstall Windows. Not successful. Fdisk now shows my two drives C:\ and D:\ both accessible plus a spurios, non existent "Drive 1" of 1gb which is NOT accessible. Assuming the BIOS was at fault used Default settings - same problem. Cleared CMOS still did not correct problem. I now a defunct computer with two perfectly good drives on which I cannot install Windows. XP fails when trying to restsrt after writing files to C:/. Have you any suggestions? KB

johndrew 13:52 05 May 2009

Try disconnecting your second drive (D:) and see if the PC starts then. If not reformat the C: drive and reinstall Windows without the D: drive connected.

Hopefully the PC will now boot and you should be able to reconnect the D: drive and read it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?