PaperPort 11

Kia Ora 12:24 05 Oct 2008

HI all,

does anyone use PaperPort?

I'm thinking of going down this route to get rid of all the paper around the house.

Does anyone have any experience of this program or comments or any other suggestions to do the same thing with a different programme?

Thanks for taking the time.

chub_tor 12:57 05 Oct 2008

I have used Paperport for some time but stopped at version 10 which does not work with Vista. I expect 11 does but the last time I looked it was too pricey for me.

Personally I like PaperPort and found that it was a good way of keeping all my scanned documents filed away neatly. It has good folder utilities, and allows dragging and dropping into lots of programmes including email and fax as well as Word. The OCR worked well, not that I used it a great deal and I made little use of the photo side of PaperPort.

If it was cheap enough (£10 is about my limit) and it worked in Vista I would start using it again.

Kia Ora 19:00 05 Oct 2008

chub_tor

Thanks for the information, I had not thought it 'might' not work with Vista.

If it proves to work with Vista, from what you've said, I think is enough for me to give it ago.

- Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I appreciate your reply.

Kia Ora

exdragon 09:37 06 Oct 2008

According to the website, it works with Vista. I can't live without it - well, slight exaggeeration, perhaps! I copy every scrap of paper into it and it's brilliant for finding stuff, providing tht you attach relevant keywords when you scan.

I couldn't remember when I bought one of my printers a while ago, put '1290' into the Find box and withing a nanosecond, I had the answer. I'm so sad that I also have a 'Where is it?' document as I have a habit of putting things away so safely that I can't remember where. I just note what and where, then put the name of the missing item in and bingo.

I love it - ok, I know, get a life , but it does make administration and filing so easy.

Liteman 07:40 03 Mar 2009

I'm running Paperport 11but when I ask a docoment/email to print via Paperport printer Paperport opens but that's the end of it - no coy. Does anyone have any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?