panoramic head

podlod 11:14 25 Sep 2010

Hi, is there a free software that i can use that will enable me to join together 3 or 4 photos which will make a panoramic view,something like a panoramic head which is at the moment beyond my capability of purchasing?

six-h 11:38 25 Sep 2010
  six-h 11:44 25 Sep 2010

Sorrylink didn't work, try here click here
I use the facility in Photoshop Elements 5 so haven't tried others but there are several out there see what you like.

six-h 11:46 25 Sep 2010

This one seems to have a reasonable pedegree:
click here

johndrew 11:49 25 Sep 2010

I think you are looking for what is known as a photo stitcher. Some are provided with digital cameras but there are plenty on the web click here

BRYNIT 12:02 25 Sep 2010

You could try Microsoft Ice click here

anchor 13:44 25 Sep 2010

There a quite a number of stitching programmes around, almost all are not free.

However, as suggested by BRYNIT I would highly recommend the free Microsoft Image Composite Editor,(see link above). I have used this on many occasions and find it as good, and sometimes better, than some of the paid ones.

The trick is to take the pictures correctly. Keep the camera level, and take each shot with about a 25% overlap. Here is an example, (with reduced quality), I shot last week in Crete, made using MS ICE.

click here

anchor 13:48 25 Sep 2010

Just to add that I have made dozens of successful panoramas using my digital camera, and never used a panorama head, (even if I could afford to buy one).

Peter 13:48 25 Sep 2010

Nice shot anchor, well joined.

Peter.

hssutton 18:02 25 Sep 2010

Here's an excellent program click here also consider this editor click here

Two excellent freeware programs.

Just a word on panoramic heads, these do not take panoramas, they only help you to align the photos at the taking stage, so you still require software

hssutton 18:02 25 Sep 2010

Here's an excellent program click here also consider this editor click here

Two excellent freeware programs.

Just a word on panoramic heads, these do not take panoramas, they only help you to align the photos at the taking stage, so you still require software

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?