Panasonic NV-GS50B Digital Video camera

Condom 12:45 12 Apr 2010

I moved out to Thailand for another 6 months and brought my family copy of Windows 7 to upgrade my PC here which eventually went OK. However I forgot to bring my Panasonic Disk which came with my Video Camera and I cannot get my Camera to synch with my PC. When I plug it in Windows 7 is not recognising it and also can't seem to download any drivers from its site.

I've tried googling but I cannot seem to find what I need and I wonder if anyone back home can help me with a solution. I just want to download some of the video I have taken to my PC so I can do some basic editing which I was able to with XP. Thanks in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:19 12 Apr 2010

Read page 49 in the manual click here

Driver needs to be installed before connecting camera

DIsconnect camera uninstall driver in device manager

reinstall driver
driver click here

reconnect camera and power up camera

eedcam 15:44 12 Apr 2010

Try this found on google you are not alone
click here

Condom 12:48 14 Apr 2010

Hi Fruit bat and thanks for responding. I had found this site myself but when you download the link it just leads you to one of these sites that offers to scan your computer and then charge you for everything that it finds.

Condom 12:51 14 Apr 2010

eedcam thanks for that. I will read some of these comments and try the solution which seems to be something connected to the Firewire port which Panasonic in its wisdom made the only way to download to a PC but initially forgot to tell customers that hotplugging would burn the firewire board out so you have to switch everything off before plugging your camera in.

eedcam 18:22 14 Apr 2010

All mini dv not Panny just use firewire and my panny manual warns you not to hot plug.Correect way is all off connect lead to both then switch on pc then cam. Alas there are many who get away with it and some not

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache