panasonic lumix tz5

LEGGGGY 11:06 01 Jan 2009

hi and a happy new year to all

im looking to upgrade from my sony p120 camera and am set on the panasonic lumix tz5.

what id like to know is does anyone use/used one and is it good for action/sport shots as i take a lot of my boys football and gymnastics and my sony struggles with blurring..

Jonathan314159 17:55 01 Jan 2009

I don't have one, but have been thinking about getting one and have done some research. So in the absence of other replies here are my thoughts.

There are no doubt several reviews, here is a link to one at dpreview - there are also forums there where you're likely to find real users.

click here

And here are the comments of people who have bought it:

click here

The blurring with your Sony may be due to not having a fast enough shutter speed - I don't know if you're using "sports" mode which will try to ensure the camera uses the fastest shutter speed. In good light it ought to be fine, in poor light both cameras will probably have the same problem. (And best to switch off the flash, as that will just give the camera false confidence - you're probably too far away for the flash to light up what you're trying to photograph).

The other difficulty with sports photography is the time it takes to focus (which could also be a cause of your blurry pictures) - and worse still if the camera focuses and the person moves before you take the shot. dpreview at least say that the Panasonic is relatively fast for a compact camera.

Most people seem happy with it, with the criticisms being indoor low light photos.

LEGGGGY 19:30 17 Feb 2009

just read this,thanks for taking the time to respond in such a good way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017