Panasonic with Freesat: connection to recorder

rogerkay 11:48 13 Mar 2009

I have a Panasonic TX37LZD81 with inbuilt Freesat. I also have a Lite-on 5045 recorder with HDD.
How do I set up the connections to record Freesat or other satellite channels

johnnyrocker 20:22 13 Mar 2009

do you mean freesat or freeview?

johnny

Grey Goo 22:13 13 Mar 2009

Have you got HDMI connectability on both components, if so use an HDMI cable. Should have some instructions in the manuals.

Grey Goo 22:33 13 Mar 2009

You will require a standard digital connection as well as the High Definition I think. Have not gone down that road yet but your TV can be switched between the two,your recorder will only record in standard.

Grey Goo 22:41 13 Mar 2009

Can't really follow it but found this article
click here

laurie53 08:41 14 Mar 2009

Do you not have SCART connections?

I have two Panasonics both with Freeview and bothe with a couple of SCARTS.

You don't really need HDMI unless you want Hi Def which you don't mention.

Andsome 09:06 14 Mar 2009

Why not read the instruction manual? I have a TX32LZD81, just a smaller screen than yours. I have downloaded all Freesat channels via a dish, and all Free view channels via an aerial. I have also plugged in a Virgin digital box. It's easy with careful reading of the manual

Andsome 00:20 15 Mar 2009

I forgot to mention, I also have a DVD player with hard drive. All wired in as the manual instructs.

rogerkay 23:50 16 Mar 2009

Thank you Andsome. Despite all my reading of the manual - and rewiring all the scart leads etc in accordance with the same manual - I still cannot record from Freesat! My installation appears to be identical to yours - with Virgin etc.
What part of th manual do I not understand.
I await your response!

Andsome 07:52 21 Mar 2009

I don't honestly know. How old are the scart leads? Have you also used the HDMI lead? I did not use a scart lead where I was given the choice of Scart and HDMI, but this is as per the instructions in the manual of my Panasonic DVD recorder, I note that yours is different. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

eedcam 09:53 21 Mar 2009

Differrent panny but would think the setup is the same ie connection by scart and you have to use Q link and set the av 1/2output to Monitor of course you will only be able to watch what you are recording.Rewiring scarts ? all you need is a fully wired scart

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone