Panasonic DMR-EX75EB

Joy2008* 15:36 06 Dec 2008

Help! I'm visiting my old man for the weekend and he wants me to fix his DVD recorder! Arghh, why ask me. Anyway, I have found you guys so hopefully, between us, we can put him out of his misery. Right ... when trying to record a programme, he can put all the information in the date, time to start, time to finish etc however, at the bottom of the screen there's a red button saying "timer off"! Does anybody know how the timer can be switched on again so he can happily record his programmes? As for the instruction manual?! God knows where that will be. Thank you :)

eedcam 15:51 06 Dec 2008

Dont have the 75 but the 25 and whan I enter the details have to press return then told Press the timer button to start recording.You Got one on the remote?

eedcam 15:54 06 Dec 2008

failing that get the manual here
click here

Joy2008* 15:56 06 Dec 2008

Just looked ...no, there isn't one on the remote.

MCE2K5 15:57 06 Dec 2008

I have to go out now, I've got the same Panasonic 75EB, I will check it out and let you know later on.

I have a spot of trouble at home, eedcam (John) knows what I am on about (Pet and the word beginning C).

See you soon.

David H.

john bunyan 17:00 06 Dec 2008

Joy 2008. I have this machine. It is far easier to select the programme you want to record on the Electronic Programme guide (Press Green Guide button on remote, and then select programmes you want and press OK - A little clock symbol appears by the programme. Then escape (right low small button) and press off to put machine in standby. You can add a bit of time to a recording if you want - just before you press the ok button there is an option to do this. Much easier than fiddling around with timings as one did with VCR's.

MCE2K5 18:15 06 Dec 2008

"at the bottom of the screen there's a red button saying "timer off"! Does anybody know how the timer can be switched on again so he can happily record his programmes?":

If it says "Timer Off" that is how it should be to Record a Program.

If you press the "Red" Oblong button on the remote just above the "Rec" button and below the Round "SUB MENU" Button that will change the message to "Timer On", but you will NOT be able to record anything using the timer.

Operating Instructions - QUICK SETUP GUIDE 06/04/2006 click here

Operating Instructions - EB Model 06/04/2006 click here

Operating Instructions - EB Model 08/05/2006 click here

Operating Instructions - Reference Guide 06/04/2006 click here

"he can put all the information in the date, time to start, time to finish etc":

If you look at Page 20 of the "Operating Instructions - EB Model 06/04/2006" 9.0MB Manual,

Manual Timer Recording
Timer Recording Overview (Picture)
If there is a RED Clock to the Left of the Record Program No. It Is Set To Record The Program Via The Timer, If the Box DOES NOT have a RED Clock in the Fist Box IT WILL NOT Record the Program.

I Hope this Expanation Helps, Even though it sounds Complicated (It Isn't), It's just me, Mind a littled muddled and Upset at the moment.

All the Best,

DavidH.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?