Panasonic DMR-E55B dvd ram recorder problem

joe95 13:38 07 Dec 2007

The machine won't play photo DVDs do I need special software to enable it to play them. I have tried Nero 6 with no success.
PC XPhome with all updates and 2gb of ram.
Thanks

eedcam 13:53 07 Dec 2007

What does the manual say about viewing jpeg I have the es 20 and that only views photos on cd. How have youput them on dvd as a slide show or just as they are . If you make a slide show you can do this with windows movie maker which you have . Come back with some info
Cheers

joe95 14:54 07 Dec 2007

eedcam
can't find anything in manual about jpeg.
have tried running photo cds from Boots no good and I made mine as slide show both times recorder showed disc not compatible.

MCE2K5 16:44 07 Dec 2007

Read this, click here

Scroll dow to "How to Make a Picture CD".

eedcam 23:30 07 Dec 2007

Hi Joe you could move your file into Windows movie maker and select save to my computer .Then on the Movie settings page tick other settings then from the drop down box select high quality video pal and follow the prompts .You can then burn that to dvd with a Freebie DVD flick
click here

If you want to try it with Nero do all as above but select DV-avi
You can also try your existing slide show in dvd flick it may well accept it

Evening MCE

MCE2K5 23:35 07 Dec 2007

How are you eedcam.

joe95 23:55 07 Dec 2007

thanks all
will give it a whirl tomorrow

eedcam 09:00 08 Dec 2007

Fine MCE just recovering from withdrawal symptoms from the LP Bash Ha

joe95 10:54 08 Dec 2007

not having much joy can't get my head round it.
Thanks anyway

eedcam 12:13 08 Dec 2007

Joe what cant you get your head round cant help if you dont explain what you tried and where you got stuck

joe95 12:39 08 Dec 2007

eedcam.
calmed down a little now, tried down loading but kept getting error message about a lost file when I opened it, I have been trying windows movie maker but I'm lost.At the moment I have a photo disc in my dvd drive and have got the photos in movie maker but don't know what to do now have been trying all morning, it's enough to drive me to drink,maybe this evening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?