Panasonic converting to multi region

borat 20:37 05 Dec 2003

I read somewhere that by opening the disc draw
and pressing some numbers you could convert your
DVD to multi region I believe the numbers were 9990 or similar Any one any knowledgeand does thus apply to all models?

Mike ® 21:02 05 Dec 2003

I do not think it's as easy as that with Panasonic, the company that I work for (a high street retailer) re-chip these to make them multi-region.

Quiller. 21:37 05 Dec 2003

It would help if you posted the model number of the dvd player.

borat 23:20 05 Dec 2003

The model no. is DVD S75 Did I dream it ???

hssutton 23:23 05 Dec 2003

Here is a site for DVD region hacks via the remote, however it would appear Panasonic cannot be hacked by this method

hssutton 23:25 05 Dec 2003

You'll have to forgive me I'm going a little senile, here's the link click here

Quiller. 23:52 05 Dec 2003

I agree with Mike ® and hssutton. There appears to be no hacks for that player. There is a disk2 only available in Australia and illegal in the E.U., apparently, that mods the player.

quote "Panasonic multi region
The model no. is DVD S75 Did I dream it ??? "

Are you saying it IS the multi region version? :)

wags 23:59 05 Dec 2003

click here I bought a Pioneer DVD palyer which was fully modded by Techtronics, who are leaders in the field of providing quality modified players (not all chipped systems are the same !) . Evidentally, they will also modify single region DVD players even if you didn't originally buy it from them, but I don't know the cost. May be worth giving them a call.

borat 06:17 06 Dec 2003

Thanks for suggestions It doesn't look as easy as I thought !!!!

Cesar 10:23 09 Dec 2003

I called in to the Panosonic Shop at Brent Cross Shopping Centre, They will convert DVD's to all regions for a fee of £40.00 but will convert all DVD's During December Free Of Charge, I assume this only applies to DVD's bought there.

iashem 11:20 09 Dec 2003

if you goto click here they say the dvd player cannot be hacked by the handset and the player must be chipped

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017