Pairing PC with phone

ponytail 12:10 29 Dec 2010

II have just bought a new mobile phone which is a Sony Erisson W100 and I am trying to pair it with my Pc but seem to have a problem doing it.I am using a Bluetooth dongle the problem seems to be the passcode Sony have emailed me and say their defauld pascode is 0000 which I have tried but it seems to be incorrect.I am using Sony Ericsson PC suite 6.0.
In their help section it mentions the following.

Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on both your PC and on the phone.

It is enabled on my phone how can I tell if it is enabled on my PC.Where do I look.

ukpostcode 12:19 29 Dec 2010

What O/S does your pc run?

ponytail 12:28 29 Dec 2010

Hi ukpostcode I use windows XP

Woolwell 12:29 29 Dec 2010

I have never found bluetooth pairing to be very satisfactory with any of my phones and suggest you connect by usb instead.

ponytail 12:41 29 Dec 2010

Hi Woolwell have got the USB lead here have always used Bluetuth perhaps you could explain the procedure for using a USB cable.Thank's

Woolwell 12:45 29 Dec 2010

Connect cable to phone, connect to PC and Sony Ericsson PC Suite should start. However I have never used a Sony or the software. My experience is Samsung and Nokia. The help on the Suite should give guidance as also the manual for the phone.

gengiscant 12:47 29 Dec 2010

If you have already installed the Sony Ericsson Suite,it should also have installed the driver.
It should just be a case of connecting the USB to phone and PC and starting the above suite and your phone should be shown.

ponytail 13:05 29 Dec 2010

Hi guys when I use the bluetooth method my phone is shown up the problem is the passcode have tried several but nothing works.When I connect with my USB lead I get as far as phone detection then it says no phone detected

ponytail 13:10 29 Dec 2010

Just had a email from Sony Support and this it.

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson support centre.

Unfortunately Sony Ericsson Satio is non-compatible with PC Suite 6.0 due to limitations with the JAVA operating system. My advice would be to follow the link below and download the free Media-Go software which allows you to easily transfer, play and organise your media files (music, videos, photos, podcasts) between your phone and computer.

click here

Will try this and let you know what happens

gengiscant 13:10 29 Dec 2010

You might need to insert the disk that came with the phone and install the USB driver from it.

ponytail 13:54 29 Dec 2010

Hi genciscant No disc came with the phone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?