PaintShopPro 7 and printing

swapper 08:30 27 Mar 2004

With WinXP and a Epson colour 880.

How can I get a colour, say Black, to fade into white (or another colour?)and print well.

I get what I want on the Monitor, but when I print, I get lines as the Black goes through the various greys to white.

My printer is o.k. it prints and excellent photograph.

Any ideas please?

Diodorus Siculus 19:59 27 Mar 2004

Bump

swapper 21:56 27 Mar 2004

what does Bump mean???

VoG II 21:57 27 Mar 2004
  swapper 21:59 27 Mar 2004

Crikey VoG, that was quick :-)

penny 23:18 27 Mar 2004

this is where I came in. LOL

james55 23:25 27 Mar 2004

Epson have this thing where you have to set in properties, to print slow or quick, the quick being very much like what you are getting.

Pesala 12:28 28 Mar 2004

What you describe sounds like banding. This can be caused by using a draft or low quality setting, but it can also be caused by a setting in the software.

Look in preferences or the help file for something called fountain stripes. If this is set to 64 or less it might be causing the problem. I don't have PSP installed so cannot check for you. I'm surprised no other PSP users have passed by yet.

Diemmess 14:47 28 Mar 2004

I was invited to a serious camera club lecture from a guru who makes a good living from CDs and lectures on using Photoshop. He can do almost anything with this app.

He startled everyone with the plea NOT to use PSP for printing!
I think this is because there are so many variables still to be set before the print is on the paper.

It might be that you could avoid banding by arranging colour separated layers of the primary yellow cyan and magenta which theoretically will combine to black at full saturation, and add black as well to a lesser intensity.

I can't visualise the bit that is worrying you, but essentially PSP is a bitmap program not a vectored one like Illustrator or CorelDrw.
If you are trying to blend a colour in Corel Draw you have to specify how many stages, the more the better to avoid the bands of shading.

Back to another print progamme. I agree that the printer is capable of a nice smooth gradient, why not try printing from something slightly less heavyweight in this case?

swapper 22:38 28 Mar 2004

James55...Quality or Speed option, we have made all the correct adjustments and taken the correct options within the Printer and I understand what you are saying thanks :-)

Pesala, I had a look for banding and Fountain stripes, but nothing there:-((

Diemmess, I have used PSP for a long time, and like it, and I have not tried another programme, perhaps I should! specifying the number of stages within CoralDraw sounds a great idea, hang on a minute.....no! I've just looked to see if PSP has this option, it appears not :-((

I'll plod on, thanks for all the imput:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?