PAINTSHOP PRO/NERO CONFLICT

warbo 13:45 16 Jan 2006

I HAVE PAINTSHOP PRO INSTALLED AND OK WITH NERO 6, I INSTALLED VISION EXPRESS 3 AND MPEG/DVD CONVERTER PLUG IN AND NOW PAINTSHOP SLOW TO STARTUP AND WHEN PRINT PREVIEW SELECTED PC INSTANTLY SHUTS DOWN/REBOOTS, ON RESTART NO ERROR MESSAGES, UNINSTALL VISION EXPRESS 3 AND ALL OK AGAIN? ANYONE ANY ANSWERS TO THIS???

jack 14:09 16 Jan 2006

First answer is do not write in capitals it is seen as shouting by many.
Second answer is use puctuation and think through the problem,then start a new link
Then we shall be able to figure out a little what troubles you have got your self into .

jimv7 15:05 16 Jan 2006

1st, a little more information, what os version of windows are you using, win 98, me, 2000 or xp. If xp have you installed nero incd, this can conflicts with xp's own writing software, nero and psp pro run fine together on the majority of windows installations.

Biotech 15:22 16 Jan 2006

You only need that plug in if you have an OEM version of Nero.

Biotech 15:31 16 Jan 2006

Which utilities have you installed from the Nero suite and is it an OEM version.

warbo 16:00 16 Jan 2006

hi folks, thanks for your replies, its not oem nero, pc is my newbuild running xp svc pack 1. previously i installed nero 6 and later discovered vision express3 which i got from the nero site. this time it only brought up an option for cd conversion and a you need mpeg 2 plug in, downloaded this plug ins pack and now dvd compatable, will converts avis etc this is when paintshop got upset. whilst installing vis ex 3 im asked for what defaults for nero showtime etc and i think this may be the prob area do you think i should fully uninstall nero and all its add ins and retry?

€dstowe 16:22 16 Jan 2006

Possibly nothing to do with your immediate problem but the sooner you install SP2 the better.

There are loads of important reasons to have SP2 and no reasons at all not to.

warbo 16:59 16 Jan 2006

thanks for your reply, i must admit i was reluctant to install sp2, had heard it can cause more probs than it solves! but will bear it in mind

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?