Paint Shop Pro - Circle

halliborange 23:08 30 Jul 2007

Hi All,
I'm making a Powerpoint Presentation for an awards evening. As Part of this I would like the award winners picture to appear as a circle. To do this I need to be able to crop a circular part of an image (around the persons head). Im using PSP8 and can quickly crop a square or rectangle from an image but can't see how to crop a perfect circle. Does anyone have any idea how to do it in PSP or another (hopefully free!) image editor? Thanks

I am Spartacus 23:16 30 Jul 2007

This is for version 7 so it might be slightly different for version 8.

Choose the selection tool and on the Tools Option Palette choose Selection Type Circle.

hssutton 23:19 30 Jul 2007

Not sure about PSP. In PS use the circular marquee tool,hold down the shift key and drag the mouse to create a circle. then open a new page selecting whatever colour you prefer and drag the selection onto the new page.

johnnyrocker 23:20 30 Jul 2007

try holding ctrl when drawing the circle.

johnny.

Belatucadrus 23:20 30 Jul 2007

Well on PSP 7 if you Toggle Tool Options Window for the "Selection" option you get a window with a dropdown list of possible selection shapes, "Circle" is sixth one down, simply Copy or Cut from the original then Paste New Image.

woodchip 23:21 30 Jul 2007

When you click the crop tool does it show a square in the tool bar? You should be able to change it from a drop down

halliborange 23:41 30 Jul 2007

Thanks everyone - so simple when u know how!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?