painfully slow refresh rate in ie7

[email protected] 00:28 02 Apr 2009

hi all, formatted the other day, so all claen ?? no big apps or programs, xp , 2gig of ram - - what can i do

birdface 08:02 02 Apr 2009

Maybe try Driver Max to see if any of your Drivers need updating.Try a defrag if you have run all Microsoft updates.
Or maybe try Command Prompt.Type in ipconfig /flushdns small gap between ipconfig and forward slash or it will not work.Ok.It should tell you Dns cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

[email protected] 20:20 02 Apr 2009

on the ipconfig /flushdns i just get a small black scrn for 3 seconds ( no txt, just a cursor ), ill try driver max

[email protected] 22:38 02 Apr 2009

found drivermax a good piece of kit, also deleted cookies and prfetch, bit quicker but not right, any other ideas pls

birdface 22:58 02 Apr 2009

Did you leave a gap between ipconfig and forward slash.

[email protected] 23:03 02 Apr 2009

yeah, just flashed up a blank black screen

ipconfig /flushdns

birdface 23:10 02 Apr 2009

Never known for it to act like that before.Not sure if this will work very well if you have just reformated.But you could try Winaso Optimizer.[free] It will only repair 10 items at a time but you can run it as often as you like.
What Security programs have you got including Firewall.And have you ran any scans.

birdface 23:14 02 Apr 2009

Winaso.click here It also does an automatic back up and has a registry defrag with it that you can use at anytime.I use it and it usually sorts any problems out on my computer.It should run a bit quicker after use.

[email protected] 23:18 02 Apr 2009

using avg 8, it had a resident sheild which slowed it down, its firewall is off, windows is on, the avg crashes before it completes a scan tho

birdface 23:27 02 Apr 2009

8.5 free edition you want.click here

birdface 23:30 02 Apr 2009

Maybe try Malwarebytes free or Superantispyware free.Those are 2 of the best Anti-Spyware programs.
Got to go bed time.Best of luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?