pages not there

dundee1 15:23 08 Dec 2007

Ive just moved into a new flat and am trying to connect to their wireless network My laptop (an hp running windows xp) connects to their connection (an AOL provider)when I put in the key. I'm asked for a network key but am not sure what this is. It conncets when I put in thesubnet address but it won'y display any web pages
It says I haven't got a default gateway address.
Any help please

Kemistri 18:02 08 Dec 2007

By "their", do you mean a neighbour? If so, you will not get any assistance with trying to do something that is illegal under the terms of the Computer Misuse Act. If this is NOT the case, please clarify.

skidzy 19:36 08 Dec 2007

I have this feeling you are attempting to piggyback someone else's connection !!

If this is all legit you will need the encryption key before you can go online.

If im wrong about piggybacking...... i do apologise.

dundee1 16:11 09 Dec 2007

No I'm not piggybacking. Their is my flatmates computer which works on the wireless, my laptop says the connection is good (but no page), I have limited connectivity - what ever that means

skidzy 17:58 09 Dec 2007

Use a flash drive and the control panels wireless connection wizard and follow the prompts.You will need to insert the encryption key.

Kemistri 18:16 09 Dec 2007

There is no need whatsoever to go through the Wireless Wizard. Simply inserting the WPA-PSK when prompted is all that is required. WZC does the rest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?