pagefile.sys

Sam Witch 19:04 26 Aug 2003

I have just upgraded and added a new drive, copied the contents of C to the new drive, reset the boot sequence to recognise the new drive as the main boot drive and restarted all looks good,

Checked and the old C drive - now G due to partitions - it has a page file of 768MB. the new C drive also has a page file but system managed,

I have tried to 'set' no page file for the old drive but the system does not allow me to. The page file on the old drive still exists, I cannot get rid of it,

Any ideas on how to kill the now spare pagefile.sys?

wiznyme 19:12 26 Aug 2003

Right click on my computer choose properties, click on the advanced tab, click on performance settings button, click on the advanced tab and click on the change button under virtual memory, highlight the G: drive and select no paging file.

Sam Witch 19:23 26 Aug 2003

Tried it, as see SET no page file - reboots and page file is still there,

tried to reduced it to minimum size page but file still exists.

almost as if system wont take the fact that the new drive is now running things.

wiznyme 19:30 26 Aug 2003

I think you should just be able to just go in and manually delete it as it's just left over from before the new hard drive was installed, but I would wait to see if anyone else has an other option 1st.

Sam Witch 20:22 26 Aug 2003

Sorted - Persistance pays off in the end,
reduced it to the minimum recommended size, defraged the drive, re booted and managed to kill it allowing windows to manage the main page file on the new drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?