Pagefile missing?

Billy911 14:27 14 Jul 2005

I get an error message when I log into W2KPro about my pagefile being too small or does'nt exist. It gives instructions on how to increase/decrease it but that hasn't worked. I did a search for pagefile.sys which produced nothing. Does this mean that the pagefile has gone and if so how do I create a new pagefile.sys and in which folder do I put it?

VoG II 14:40 14 Jul 2005

click here may help.

Billy911 14:46 14 Jul 2005

Thanks VoG™ but unfortunately I have the same problem as the guy in the forum in that I have an AMD processor and not Intel.

VoG II 14:49 14 Jul 2005

Did you check click here out?

Billy911 14:53 14 Jul 2005

Thanks again VoG™. The file is probably hidden. I say probably because I'm at work at the moment and so will have to check when I get home.

Billy911 13:15 15 Jul 2005

I read in a book about viruses/security that Administrators should make all .exe & .com programs Read-only to help protect the system against viruses. This somehow caused my pagefile to become too small. When I put all the .exe & .com programs back to normal (ie able to write to) the pagefile problem disappeared. Also other problems have stopped as well such as when I tried to install a program on a CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)