PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error message

TallTom 20:50 02 Jun 2003

I have just tried to plug in my new digital (still) camera to my computer. The first time I just plugged in the camera via USB and it autodetected the camera. As it was autodetecting though the screen went blue and came up with an error message, this is what part of the message says:

***STOP:0X00000050
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGEDFAULT_AREA

I restarted the comp, disconnected the camera and installed the software that came with it.

I restarted the comp as instructed, plugged in the camera again but this time it started to detect a hard drive(which is impossible as no new drive has been put in) and then went to the blue screen again with the same error message.

Can anyone help?
(I am running Win2000 professional)

jazzypop 21:22 02 Jun 2003

Many cameras are detected as 'removeable storage devices' - when you think of it, that is exactly what they are (albeit with a lens fitted, and only really designed to store images).

Check the manufacturer's web site for any new drivers.

Then uninstall the current drivers, load the new drivers, reboot, and then plug in your camera.

Lú-tzé 21:24 02 Jun 2003

"it started to detect a hard drive" you said. It will detect the camera as a removable drive - as you have win2k you should have no problem with that bit.

Run the system file checker to see if there is any problems.Go to start_run and type in

sfc /scannow

then press enter.

Troubleshooting stop errors can be a nightmare. Try what I have suggested and have a look through the results from click here

Lú-tzé 21:26 02 Jun 2003

And do as jazzypop suggest too!

TallTom 23:47 02 Jun 2003

Its all fixed now, after I uninstalled the software then reinstalled it.

Thanks for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?