Page says it cannot open because of .....

TonyV 20:20 20 Apr 2007

I have been trying to look at the Speedtouch website to see if I need to up date the driver on my Speedtouch 330 Modem. I can get on to the page but the following message aways comes up:-

"Sorry, this page contains content that requires Javascript and Macromedia Flash player. If you can see this message then your browser may have Javascript disabled, or your browser may not have Flash Player installed."

I do not understand the reason since I have checked all the Java boxes in Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and know full well the Macromedia Flash player is installed since other sites that occasionally require that device seem to operate OK.

Any ideas what else may cause the message to appear?

Thanks

TonyV

Legolas 20:41 20 Apr 2007

try d/loading the latest versions of both

VoG II 20:43 20 Apr 2007
  TonyV 20:57 20 Apr 2007

Thanks very much. I actually went through and updated the two programmes, though it should have done it automatically! However, having done it now, lo and behold, the rogue site now opens as it should!

Many thanks.

TonyV

Legolas 21:16 20 Apr 2007

TonyV as you say these programs should update themselves but I also have gone to sites and had similar messages as you and had to update to access them. Glad you got it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?