Page Printing in Word

carper 08:56 25 Jun 2009

I have an 80 page document from which I need to print individual pages from time to time. I set the pages up to print and press OK. The pages I require are printed but the printer starts again at page one after it should have stopped. I press cancel print, but it takes minutes to zero as it appears to have to remove the memory for the 80 pages.
Is the a function of Word, or my printer which is a Brother DCP-330c. Any help appreciated. Regards Carper

Taff™ 10:02 25 Jun 2009

Almost certainly a problem with the printer driver. I would suggest a complete uninstall of all the software and drivers and a reboot then re-install.

carper 13:09 27 Jun 2009

Sorry to say your suggestion didn't work but thanks for trying. I have now contacted the manufacturer Regards Caarper

Sea Urchin 13:29 27 Jun 2009

This can happen if you type a comma at the end of the page selection - for example 4,17-20,31,58, - this could result in page 1 printing after 58.

Look at how you are selecting the required pages

carper 13:59 27 Jun 2009

Thanks Sea Urchin, Success at last. The instruction on the "Print" page are misleading and show a hyphen at the end. I have found that if I just leave my selection with nothing after the last page it works perfectly. Thanks again, Regards Carper

Sea Urchin 14:15 27 Jun 2009

Thanks for the feedback - glad it's sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?