Page Orientation IE ...

Nontek 21:52 23 Oct 2010

Hi all, I know how to change page orientation in relation to Printing, but is it possible to simply view IE in Landscape mode?

MAT ALAN 22:30 23 Oct 2010

How are you viewing it now and on what?...

Nontek 22:56 23 Oct 2010

I am asking on behalf of a very elderly friend - he is viewing IE as normal. He wants to read a document to do with banking, but it is several pages long, and to click on next page means scrolling side to side to see everything on the page. He would like to be able to read all without scrolling.

Nontek 22:56 23 Oct 2010

PS ... XP (SP3)

MAT ALAN 23:02 23 Oct 2010

Alter the resolution so the page fits the screen...

Nontek 23:09 23 Oct 2010

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately he is in his late 80's and not in the best of health, he would probably make a mess of it - also too far away for me to do it for him, over 200 odd miles.

He can read the whole page, but having to scroll each time across and back, makes it a tad tiresome for him.

I will tell him, to carry on as he has been doing - unless anyone can come up with a usable solution.

Thanks again anyway MAT ALAN.

lotvic 23:35 23 Oct 2010

He could use the arrows on his keyboard to do the scrolling (side to side or up and down), that is far easier than dragging with the mouse.
I'm guessing that he has magnified the page to make the text bigger to read and that has meant the page is now too wide to fit on the screen.

Nontek 23:42 23 Oct 2010

Good point, he probably has magnified.

I will mention 'arrows' to him.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017