Page not Connecting but i think im connected?

Nina1 09:15 11 Apr 2008

Hi, You'll have to excuse me as I am a complete ludite! I have recently connected to SKY Broadband connect. I have a laptop with a Belkin wireless adapter. The SKY set up CD didnt work so I have managed to set up the router, all lights flash etc. Ive tested it works through the Ethernet cable and also checked that the adapter is working - both seem fine. However, I am constantly getting page can not be displayed? I have a feeling I havent set something up in my internet options correctly - does anyone have any ideas what though?
Thanks

ambra4 10:31 11 Apr 2008

Check your LAN card and network setting

click here

Nina1 11:02 11 Apr 2008

Sorry, like I said, dont know what im talking about - where would the network setting be and what is a LAN card?

ambra4 11:31 11 Apr 2008

The lan card is the card that the Ethernet cable plug into (Local Area Connection in Setting-Network Connection)

Go to the posting and just follow the instruction on how to set up the lan card and the

network on your computer

Nina1 15:37 11 Apr 2008

Thank you for this, I will try this out! Fingers crossed, many thanks for your help though!
Nina

joebloggs1 20:08 11 Apr 2008

I have recently had a problem with a Belkin N1 router. Turns out it was soemthing called the MTU settings. Vista defaults to 1500 but my Belkin router was set to 1432 - if PC MTU setting is higher than router then lots of pages can't connect. Have a look at my posting here click here - although that's Orange forum it's not specifcally an Orange issue.
If you think it might be this, then this link click here tells you how to change it. I would change it to 1430.
If your on XP you can download a program called DcotorTCP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?