Page File Usage

Alreadytaken 21:42 10 Sep 2007

Ok i do some things about my PC. I have broken it enough times to know it pretty well :P

My question is why the hell is my Page Usage so high? It usually is at a steady 350mb but checking it today it had zoomed up to 1.16gb! I ran Spyware Terminator on fast scan for a quick check up and the processes seem fine. So i restarted the PC, same problem. I tryed checking my RAM usage using Innovative System Optimizer. It had only 250mb out of 1gb free so i tryed to free up space using the tool provided with the software.... this was a disaster! It locked out the computer and so i turned it off.

Now i realised that i had to locate the problem. I have an external hard drive linked to the computer, so i turned it off and restarted. Here i am now with no problem. Well none i can see because i cannot check the RAM using that program, it was on the E: drive.

Ok simply put, what is happening? It seems like a huge program is maxing out the RAM.

Devil Fish 21:50 10 Sep 2007

turn your external hd then hit ctrl alt del this will bring up your task manager click the processes tab and it will show your cpu and memory usage for each program

hope this is of some help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?