The Page Cannot be Displayed -why on certain sites

Halmer 10:00 08 Nov 2003

It is apparent that on a number of sites that I get the above message almost instantaneously when I try the Page.

Other sites work fine. Could it be that there is a cookie issue and if so what do I need to adjust please?

Halmer 10:06 08 Nov 2003

Jeeves
Google
Crucial

I had this once before but it just cleared over time. Don't think that it was ever expalined last time.

Halmer 10:09 08 Nov 2003
  Valvegrid 11:36 08 Nov 2003

Sorry to hear you're still having problems, I have just tried mine and all is OK.

What ISP are you using? Also have you tried clearing your Temp Internet files folder, incase the computer is caching old pages.

Paul.

obbit 13:52 08 Nov 2003

is your isp NTL by any chance?

Halmer 21:04 08 Nov 2003

I've tried deleting old temp files etc etc but it still does it.

Halmer 19:50 09 Nov 2003

A chap at the CO-OP Bank Internet banking helpline asked me if by any chance I had uninstalled I.E. Version 6.0 back to 5.5 which I have done. I can't reinstall 6.0 now and apparently is a known problem.

Whan I empty the cache etc and reboot the machine I can get in to the sites once but then not again until I empty the cache and reboot again etc. etc.

I loaded Netscape and it works perfectly well all the time so he knows what he is talking about I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?