The page cannot be displayed

PHayes 01:55 27 Apr 2005

I have noticed over the last couple of weeks a sporadic error message. I've seen the numerous postings on "The page cannot be displayed" error message, but my problem seems slightly different!

If I use my ISP home page - click here the page displays o.k. However at the top of the page I have an icon, which looks like a paper icon with the letter "i" in blue text. The words "The page cannot be displayed" is also shown, but the rest of the page seems o.k. Sometimes I get a similar thing on the right side of the displayed page, but the whole error message is not fully viewable.

I'm using Windows XP and I.E. 6.0.2900. Security is set to medium. I've cleared out the Temp Internet Files by deleting cookies and files. All the MS updates are completed.

I also seem to get my fair share of non displayed pages, but this is beginning to bug me!

Can someone please enlighten me.

octal 07:27 27 Apr 2005

Yes, its an external animated image which is placed on the page from http : //a248.e.akamai.net/6/592/1130/1112359416/oas-eu.247realmedia.com/0/oasuk/RUN-FFI10A-DB-02/loan468x60.gif

Couple of reasons why you can't see that image, you could have something which is blocking the image, like ad blocking software, or the other reason could be you haven't got a flashplayer installed to view the image. A easy way to know if your flashplayer is working if you can see the advert on the right of this page, just below Vote now. You could try lowering you security settings, just to see if that opens it as well.

This link will tell you which Flashplayer is working: click here

PHayes 21:47 27 Apr 2005

I've checked Flashplayer and it's all o.k. I've downloaded the update, but no change.

My security settings are set to Medium.

Any other ideas please????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie