Packard Easy Note identification ?- Model number

compumac 12:19 08 Nov 2009

I have inherited a Packard Bell EasyNote laptop. I have managed to get it functioning OK but need to obtain some of the keyboard keys. The only identificatin that I can find is Model: MIT-SABLE-D. This model number is shown on a label on the underside which also displays S/N and REF: but no entries under those headings. I was a ittle suspicious of this but there is no evidence of the entries being erased or white marked out.
I need to identify the unit so that I can obtain further details of the unit.
Can anyone identify the MIT-SABLE-D in relation to any ther name?

Taff™ 12:33 08 Nov 2009

click here and install the Belarc Advisor - It may give you some more clues.

Taff™ 12:46 08 Nov 2009

My guess is it`s this one click here but Belarc will probably give you the P/N (Product Number) and then you can look for the exact one click here

compumac 13:53 08 Nov 2009

Taff
Belarc Advisor indicated a serial number that it could not be, - by virtue and manner of its content. Odd!
Certainly your link displays a remarkeable likeness to the one I have, albeit there are quite a few EasyNotes that look like it. What made you think it might be that particular one?

Taff™ 13:16 09 Nov 2009

MIT told me it is a rebadged Mitac laptop. Googling the rest pointed me at that model. Can you post some of the Belarc results, I might be able to pin it down. (Motherboard details and the S/N or P/N will do)

compumac 20:09 09 Nov 2009

Taff
Chassis Serial number: 50424E
Main Circuit Board:NEC Versa Premium 5a
Bus Clock: 200mhz
Bios: Insyde R1.02 07/13/2006
1.60 Ghz AMD Turion 64 X2
128 k primary memory cache
Serial no: number shown cannot be the original serial number.

I have tried to identify it by the above but am baffled. Do any of the entries given help at all?

compumac 16:28 10 Nov 2009

bump

Taff™ 09:42 11 Nov 2009

No conclusive result here and if we go back to the main issue - to obtain a few replacement keys, I would suggest you visit a laptop repair shop. They will usually have broken keyboards with perfectly good keys that they will sell you for a £1 each. Often it`s just the circuitry that`s been damaged by a liquid spill. If they are any good they`ll identify the keyboard for you.

Your only other option is to remove the keyboard and look for the part number underneath it.

compumac 12:05 11 Nov 2009

Taff
Thanks for reply. In fact I am off to a computer rally on Sunday where I know there are laptop repair people. The laptop works fine excepting for the keys that are missing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?