packard bell restore disks

can-am 22:34 29 Mar 2006

Tried restoreing packard bell with the 4 disks you get, think i messed up!! some one told me to format my drive!! error raw drive, and glue error part? when put first cd disk in. I made some bootable floppies from windows ages ago 6 disks tryed them, got to end it asked me to insert my windows xp s2 disk which you dont get with pack bell, can i downn load windows sp2 on to disk and try that when asked.

terryf 23:23 29 Mar 2006

No, the message is asking for xp + sp2, not just sp2

namtas 08:34 30 Mar 2006

Where are you at now?

can-am 10:18 30 Mar 2006

thats has far has i got. if i get a windows xp disk will this work?

can-am 10:24 30 Mar 2006

what if i tried another hard drive, or is the current drive tied in to the machine and packard bell disks? what do i do to get windows back on that pc? any help much appreciated thanks.

namtas 11:05 30 Mar 2006

We will require much more information before we can help you.
Have you formatted your drive, if not what stage is your computer at will it boot up, what disks came with the system etc etc.

bremner 11:55 30 Mar 2006

Often these restore disks access a hidden partition on the drive where the Windows restore files are kept.

If this is the case with the PB disks, then another hard drive is not an option.

nosmo 16:49 30 Mar 2006

look at packard bell forum. software Back up and restore your tattoo/exths. this may help

can-am 18:33 30 Mar 2006

yeh, i formatted the drive, i boot up with a floppy then it askes me to insert disk 1 but then i get a glue part error. disks wich came with pc are 1 floppy and 4 packard master cd.

driving man 19:24 30 Mar 2006

i believe that if you get in touch with PB and cry on someones shoulder admitting how you fouled up they will help you as they did me when I made a mistake producing back up discs and the PB system says one go only - they gave me a way to start again

driving man 19:26 30 Mar 2006

however I had to revert to factory settings and therefore lost all files and data----- in my case possibly a blessing in disguise

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?