Packard Bell PC not loading.

prso9 21:27 12 Jan 2007

Hi.

My Packard Bell PC was running fine untill the windows update was installed on my PC, now i get a message, saying that an image file is incorrect, and please check my windows diskette or something.

I click ok, but just get my background, but nothing else, I was told to system restore, but it doesnt work, as nothing comes up when i get to it through command prompt, just a blank white window.

Thanks for any help!

prso9 21:47 12 Jan 2007

I dont have a windows diskette, or windows CD, so i cant insert anything.

The mesage i get is,

The applicatin or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\brouseui.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check against your installation diskette

OK

That is all i show.

the only thing i can get on screen after that, is Windows Task Manager.

Ex plorer 00:09 13 Jan 2007

Hi click here
for MS task manger tips.
What windows update did you install and what is your Operating System.

bof:) 19:33 13 Jan 2007

can you run in 'Safe Mode'? (keep pressing the F8 button continually after 1st beep on pc...if pc loads normally you have missed it)

You will usually get a black page with a load of letters/numbers come up on screen, this may be on there for some time and the a list, use the up/down and then enter keys to select Safe Mode.

Then using Add/Remove programes (found in Control Panel...make sure the 'show updates' box at top of page is ticked)

uninstall the windows update you installed before problem happened.

close all pages down and restart your pc.

Mike

bof:) 19:41 13 Jan 2007

if that does not work,

click here

Mike

Ex plorer 02:17 14 Jan 2007

Any luck with the problem you had as you are not giving any feedback if solved or not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?