Packard Bell Mouse CO-5P

tommy 18:27 08 Jun 2003

I recently purchased the above mouse. It is a rechargable, cordless, optical. However, after loading the software,driver it appears to have a fault. If the mouse is placed as it should be on the desk top & not touched, the pointer starts to move & is difficult to control physically using the mouse. If I turn the mouse upsidedown, so the LED has nothing to reflect on, i.e. pointing to the ceiling, the pointer does not move. I think it is a fault with the mouse itself. If anyone has had this problem & been able to cure it I would be grateful. If not it is a return under "faulty goods"

hugh-265156 18:43 08 Jun 2003

make sure the batteries are properly charged.
make sure the mouse can see the reciever.
try not using a mouse mat,if you are.

bring it back.

tommy 18:39 09 Jun 2003

Thanks but, spare batteries used, mouse tried within 2cm & 200cm of rx'r, not even bothering with mouse mat. Cleaned LED & lens, I think the LED/lens maybe not aligned correctly or internal component problem causing creeping. Its a shame that packard bell will not answer this direct, unless one uses a premium rate line.
thanks.

tommy 20:39 10 Jun 2003

its going back as faulty goods
thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires