Packard Bell monitor refresh rate

alexgray104 19:24 27 Nov 2005

I have a Packard Bell CRT monitor, which since installing Windows MCE is flickering a bit. In everest Home edition, the monitor winodow is blank. Does anybody know the mximum refresh rate for my CRT Packard bell. The monitor is circa yr 2000. In advanced display options the tick box where you choose to get rid of the rates the monitor does not support is greyed out. hence me being here. Many thanks in advance for your help.

badhair1963 19:29 27 Nov 2005

I think the maximum refresh rate is going to be 85 Hertz, which will probably also be the default setting. Anything below this would cause flickering.

Try updating your graphics card driver and possibly the driver for your monitor if you can find one.

Stuartli 22:20 27 Nov 2005

Windows normally has an "optimal" setting of 60MHz refresh rate, which is too low to prevent flicker.

For the majority of CRT monitor users 85MHz is the optimum setting to prevent flicker.

You probably need to update the graphics card drivers to achieve the resolution and refresh rates of which it is capable.

If you update the drivers and then right click on the Desktop, select Properties>Settings you can adjust the resolution and colour settings as required.

Also, by clicking on the Advanced button>Adapter tab>List all Modes you will bring up a menu which details all the resolution, refresh rates and colour settings that your grapics card is capable of supporting.

By clicking on the desired choice you will configure the monitor for your preferences.

Also Enable the choice to undertake the changes without rebooting.

DieSse 22:51 27 Nov 2005

If you can use 85Hz that's OK - many people can't see flicker at 72Hz or 75Hz also.

If you choose too high a rate, and the monitor doesn't sync - don't panic - just wait for about fifteen seconds and it will revert back to the old setting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone