PACKARD BELL IMEDIA 1502 NOT TURNING ON

greenwoodsg 18:46 15 Feb 2006

I have a packard bell imedia 1502,When i switch the power button on, instead of it being blue, it flashes orange, nothing appears on the screen and you can hear the fan and floopy drive,going on and off as if you were switching the power on and off. there is also a beeping sound. I opened the case and there is a orange led flashing on the motherboard, the only markings near this led are str_led. I unpluged the hard drive and floopy drive and it makes no difference. Nothing new has been installed, and when i last used it it shut down fine. Has any one got any ideas?
thanks.

chub_tor 19:01 15 Feb 2006

I found this note from a Dell motherboard manual on Google. It is the suspend-to-RAM LED blinking but I don't know what that means except that it should be steady for normal operation. Suggest that you check your memory.

┬░Note: The STR LED is connected to the Voltage that feeds the DIMM sockets. Therefore
the following table applies:
Suspend to RAM Normal Operation Power Off
STR LED BLINKING ON OFF

chub_tor 19:17 15 Feb 2006

Further thoughts..... if you google suspend to ram you will see some thoughts on this subject. It appears to be an operation where the PC is in suspense mode with the fans etc runiing but the PC is hibernating with all the settings stored in the ram so that theoretically you can re-start it quicker. How to bring it out of its hibernation I'm not sure. Perhaps others can help with this part. But forget my suggestion about checking the memory as it would appear that your PC is OK, it's just asleep.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017