Packard Bell factory settings - internet

cstirrat 10:45 17 Feb 2010

I have reset a Packard Bell pc back to factory settings but now i'm trying to connect to the internet again and confused as to why it's not working.
I have connected the broadband modem and use Vodafone for broadband. I contacted Vodafone but they say they cannot connect me until the internet is downloaded. Any clues? I'm completely lost.
Can any good soul explain step by step what I do to get the internet working again after restoring factory settings please?
Thanks,C.

MAJ 10:56 17 Feb 2010

Is this a Vodafone mobile broadband USB dongle that you're using? If so, have you reinstalled it's software?

cstirrat 11:08 17 Feb 2010

Yes it is. I don't seem to have any software for it tho. How do I get hold of it?

MAJ 11:17 17 Feb 2010

The software is already on the USB dongle. Here's a tutorial on how to set it up. click here

cstirrat 18:03 17 Feb 2010

Grrr, sorry it's not a mobile usb dongle. It is a broadband modem. I have a mobile from Vodafone too but this is separate altogether.
Can you advise please?

woodchip 18:08 17 Feb 2010

Then you should have a Disc to setup the Modem or you have to set it up Manually using the supplied User Name and Password from Vodafone

MAJ 18:09 17 Feb 2010

Post the make and model number of the modem, cstirrat.

woodchip 18:09 17 Feb 2010

PS you can setup using the Control Panel Networking Create New Connection Wizard. with the above info from my last post

cstirrat 18:15 17 Feb 2010

I have just been advised that the hard drive has been damamged. Growl. Thank you for your help both. I'll have a play anyhow and see if I can get it to work. Not much hope there!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?