Packard Bell CD-RW Disks

p.r.b 15:20 09 Oct 2005

Hi - I bought a pack of Disks
Packard Bell CD-RW 12x Speed 700 Mb and have had problems with some of them - am I alone?? What disks do you use. Also a disk jammed in my RW drive, I tried to free it but now need a new CD-RW drive - aaaarghhhh !!!! What combination of CD-RW drive and disks would you recommend
Cheers
Paul

AndySD 15:30 09 Oct 2005

I gave up CD-RW disks long ago as they caused to many problems. I just use standard cd-r now and dont close them so I can overwrite them. They are just so cheap and the drives read them beter.

Stuartli 15:50 09 Oct 2005

You don't overwrite them - you presumably mean you use multisession mode and keep adding new files, data etc until the disk is full.

I do this all the time to store programs, applications, updates, utilities etc for installation or updating of friends and families' systems.

CD-Rs have a vastly superior reflectivity level compared to CD-RW disks, which makes them much more likely to prove compatible with a wide range of drives and players.

Stuartli 15:54 09 Oct 2005

A website that lists CD and DVD media manufacturers, quality of their prodcuts and which brands rebrand such media under their own names can be found at:

click here

AndySD 15:57 09 Oct 2005

Yep thanks thats just what I meant.....just could not think of the term.... I am flicking on and off here whilst writing an essay, when I dry up.

p.r.b 16:06 09 Oct 2005

Thanks fellas I think I've got enough to go on. I've managed to fix my drive - it seems just by restarting the computer ?? - anyway I'll go and get some CD-R disks and have another bash.
Once again thanks - Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?