packard bell all in one l5351 graphic card/dual monitor

kenpachi 10:14 12 Nov 2013

Hi I have a PACKARD BELL ONETWO L5351 A6524 ALL IN ONE PC. I wanted to make it dual monitor compatible without having to ask for too much power from the motherboard. Is it possible to make this PC dual monitor compatible without or with graphic card fixed?

If yes please can you recommend me a low profile graphic card which can make this possible and where I can buy it.

retep888™ 15:26 12 Nov 2013

<< Is it possible to make this PC dual monitor compatible without or with graphic card fixed? >>

The graphic chip is integrated on the motherboard & can't be changed or a low profile gx card can be fitted.

<< If yes please can you recommend me a low profile graphic card which can make this possible and where I can buy it >>

A low profile card isn't possible but a USB Graphic Adapter can be used.

retep888™ 15:32 12 Nov 2013

Edit:

The graphic chip is integrated on the motherboard & can't be changed nor a low profile gx card can be fitted.

Woolwell 15:48 12 Nov 2013

Does it have a VGA or HDMI port?

kenpachi 16:34 12 Nov 2013

@Woolwell It uses HDMI. It has one HDMI port and a VGA port.

Woolwell 18:07 12 Nov 2013

You should be able to connect an external monitor to the vga port as you would with a laptop.

kenpachi 14:25 15 Nov 2013

@Woolwell I do that but i feel like I am taking too much power from pc and I do want to fry the graphic card like I did on my old pc.

Woolwell 14:57 15 Nov 2013

The external monitor has its own power supply. I doubt that it will be a problem. Ganes, etc are far more likely to place a load on a card. Do you know why the previous card failed?

Woolwell 15:00 15 Nov 2013

An all-in-one is effectively a large laptop. Upgrading components is difficult if not impossible. About the only way to connect another monitor is via the VGA or HDMI port.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?