P3 No Boot problem

barca1 13:13 01 Mar 2008

Hi all its a "Awld Dog" but its a pc just for the my brother's kids a old Pentium 3 pc,i went to switch from the modem to a router last week & also in the process pop some more RAM in it,i tried the ram first but it didnt like it so i replaced it with the original stick then tried to boot it,now i have a problem that its not "Booting" & ive tried everything in my knowledge, ive made double sure the RAM stick is in correct & ive took out the Bios Battery (As i was told to do so) ive also tried differant hard drives but to no avail?? here is a 20 second video showing what the screen say's,PLEASE NOTE the screen at the bottom asked me to "Click" on "Delete" to to select boot device BUT it dont matter what key i press NOTHING works & the keyboard is working as the lights are on..??

here's the links

click here

then a photo

click here

crosstrainer 13:59 01 Mar 2008

You will need to re-set your BIOS if you have removed the battery...This is an old dog indeed, If I am right it may be the F2 key to enter the setup screen (if I'm wrong press delete as it comes on)

Once in you will need to re-detect the hdd's and set the system configuration (date time etc.)

crosstrainer 14:07 01 Mar 2008

Your video, the machine is clearly not setup to boot from the hdd, and has not detected it. The BIOS is your first port of call. Removing the battery has caused it to lose it's (slightly old) memory :)

barca1 14:23 01 Mar 2008

THANKS guy's!!

so i am about to go & try to fix it but where do i start as the keyboard isnt responding???
but yet its lit up..??
then what...cheers i'll wait here till i get your advice..!!!

crosstrainer 14:55 01 Mar 2008

Try these:

Hold down the delete key WHILST switching the PC on.

Try the delete key if that fails. (same way)

If this will not get you access to the BIOS, try a different keyboard to be sure.

barca1 15:58 01 Mar 2008

"crosstrainer" many thankx i am off to try now,i'll keep u posted!!!
:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?