Overclocking NEC/Gigabyte motherboard

crazyj 18:51 14 Feb 2007

Hello,
I have been looking at overclocking my PC as it is quite slow in my opinion probobally becasue its main use is gmaing and I can't have it on highest settings without suffering hardware lag but back to the point, I used belarc advisor to find out my motherboard model as I have already looked into O/Cing my processor but it is a acelron and this one I have discovered can be overclocked but only by bending a pin which I would rather not. My mother board is recognised as:

NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL GA-8SIMLNF-NF7
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 2.0a 09/10/2004

I have googled the board but I cannot really find much info about it and even less about over clocking it, I don't think my BIOS allows overclocking through it and I wanted to know if it could be over clocked by software or jumpers possibly.

I think that it is suitably cooled to be over clocked as I have put it in a new case and installed some fans and I have an LCD temperature monitor and it seems stably around 30C, right now it says it has been on for 4hours and 40 minutes and it is only at 31C

Thanks in advance

Jamie

Totally-braindead 19:04 14 Feb 2007

Try here theres lots of info about overclocking click here I just want to confirm you know the risks. Essentialy when you overclock you are forcing the hardware to go beyond the design limitations and the main result of this is heat. Go too far and the processor blows leaving you with a very large paperweight.

Its up to you I'm not trying to tell you not to do it I just want to make sure you know the risks before you continue.

Personally I know a bit about it but not enough to give advice. Hopefully some of the others will chip in.

crazyj 19:30 14 Feb 2007

I know the risks already and I accept them, its only a celron 2800+ which are cheap as chips now anyway but I want information specific to over clocking my motherboard so a program that is able to over clock mine I have looked here click here and this says it can oc quite a few boards wqith very similar names to mine but it dosent list mine so I don't know, I can't really find much probobaly becasue I don't know where to look specificalyl for information, I just hoped someone here would know.

Totally-braindead 20:26 14 Feb 2007

Thats fair enough just wanted to be sure.
As I said I can't help but hopefully someone on the Forum will.

Ashrich 00:31 15 Feb 2007

There is a suite for overclocking that comes on the Gigabyte Driver CD , you may be able to download it from the Gigabyte Uk site , called Easy Tune , although I've just looked on the website and it isn't listed as it's an OEM board for Packard Bell / NEC , have a look at the PC makers site to see if they have it .

Ashley

crazyj 08:12 15 Feb 2007

Ok, thanks for that, it was originaly a packard bell although the only original biits left are the motherboard, 2nd hard drive and processor although the motherboard and CPU have been replaced because the mobo burnt out before and damaged the CPU so I got them under warranty.

crazyj 08:15 15 Feb 2007

I can't see easy tune listed on packard bells downloads for my PCs group (iMedia) click here

crazyj 08:33 15 Feb 2007

I have now just had a look at the gigabye website and I have found quite a few motherboards with the midel number gs-8sim... but not mine look here at this print screen click here if you happen to know that my one is the same as another baord please.

Ashrich 19:44 15 Feb 2007

Hi Crazyj , that's the same problem I had when looking at the same site , I would imagine that all Easy Tune is the same , try downloading the one for SIML and give it a try .

Ashley

crazyj 20:29 15 Feb 2007

I have found easy tune on the gigabyte website, I will probably try it out tomorrow when I get home, here is a link to the download if anyone else is interested. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?