Overclocking 7500LE

Crazygeorge3 11:25 22 Apr 2007

Hello!,
I have recently bought a new HP A1619 desktop PC. It come with a Geforce 7500LE. When i first saw it i thought it was a typo and it came with a 7300LE. Turns out it is a 7500LE. By default it has 550MHZ/800MHZ Clock speeds. I downloaded Rivatuna and increased these to 663mhz/902mhz. I also downloaded the Nvidia Forceware software to monitor temperature levels and the GPU core sticks at about 52-55 Degrees on desktop. I am convinced that i can overclock it more than i have however rivatuna won't let me, something to do with the drivers. Is their a way to get a around this problem. The error reads: "The driver failed to pass the internal test with the clock frequencies you are about to set, please decrease". I was hoping for a reasonable overclock of 700MHZ/1GHZ.
Thanks!

gudgulf 12:42 22 Apr 2007

What you are hoping to get and what your card is capable of running are two entirely different things.

Riva Tuner is telling you that the card will crash at the higher clock frequencies you want to use.

The test it runs is returning errors at those settings and so it wont let you apply them.

You could try NVTweak as an alternative to Riva Tuner click here

You have to recognise that there are limits beyond which your card wont go.......and that limit will be different for each card.

It's also worth pointing out that even with a substantial overclock an "le" model card will still be a poor performer.

If you can achieve a stable overclock of around 15-20%,as you have ,you are doing very well with the standard cooling and voltage.

A lot depends on what you want to achieve with the overclock.

citadel 13:32 22 Apr 2007

cards with le in the name are cut down versions avoided by gamers, this may be why overclock is limited.

Crazygeorge3 13:39 22 Apr 2007

the is no standard 7500 though. I am quite happy with my 7500LE though, i can run oblivion on ultra High, and it beats the 7600GS. I'll try NVTweak, thanks Gudgulf

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?