OVERCLOCK AMD X2 3800+ ON ASROCK 939 DUAL SATA2?

gra80 11:47 09 Mar 2006

Hi,
I`ve studied many sites on this subject, this cpu & board is not overclocked in the `normal` way and I`m still not sure how to achieve a moderate increase in speed, step-by-step instruction related specifically to this board/cpu is what I would be so grateful for as I know this chip is a good overclocker!, (I do a lot of dvd/video decoding)

All I have done so far is ensure I`m on `1T` instead of `2T`, the pc has no problems with this setting even though I only have the (1GB)GEIL MATCHED DUAL CHANNEL VALUE MEMORY PC3200.

Any one overclocked this m/brd /cpu combination?

Totally-braindead 11:59 09 Mar 2006

I don't overclock as theres too many things that can go wrong. The performance increase in my opinion at least is pretty poor considering you are risking your machine blowing up. I appreciate you can take it a bit at a time to lessen any risk but considering you have a dual core 3800 I have to ask what the point is?
I'm sure others will completely disagree with me on this and I'm sure theres quite a few members on this Forum that do overclock but I'm not one of them. I also think you'd get more advice on a dedicated overclocking site but good luck in any case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?