outlook,email probs

iqs 19:01 03 Apr 2007

Hi ,I have just had Vigin media installed.Everything works correctly,but when I set up an e-mail account with Oulook 2003,I can only send e-mails and not receive?.

Have I have made an error somewhere along the line?.Cheers

MAJ 19:09 03 Apr 2007

Have you set the 'POP3 Server' correctly, it should be mail.virgin.net. click here That link shows Outlook Express but it should be the same for Outlook.

iqs 19:22 03 Apr 2007

I'm currently using Microsoft Offic Outlook 2003.The set is different then the supplied link.Will this make a difference?.
When I set up the accout,it always goes wrong at this point..

Enter Network Password

Server

User Name

Password.....It will not accept the password.

One more point,my e-mail address in @BLUEYONDER,not @VIRGIN .NET.Will this make a difference when using your link.Thank you fro your help :)

VoG II 19:24 03 Apr 2007

Incoming mail server should be pop3.blueyonder.co.uk

Outgoing smtp.blueyonder.co.uk

Woolwell 19:32 03 Apr 2007

For Outlook 2003 go to Tools - E-mail accounts - Add new account and then POP3 then fill in the boxes.

Puzzled by your enter network password comment.

birdface 23:08 03 Apr 2007

Dont know if it is the same with Outlook.But if you right click Taskbar,properties,Start menu,Customise,Make sure E-mail is ticked and in the dropdown bar show Outlook.See if that works.

iqs 23:10 03 Apr 2007

VoG and Woolwell.

'Puzzled by your enter network password comment'

At this point when my correct password is entered,the box reappears asking for the password?.
Thanks

candun 23:36 03 Apr 2007

blueyonder.co.uk has been undergoing maintenance over the last 24 hours or so and I completely lost the connection to this server. I contacted Tech Support and the connection was restored. Do the account resetting in Outlook Express or visit Virgin Media Homepage\Customer Zone. Best of luck

birdface 23:36 03 Apr 2007

click here I Dont know if you will find anything on here that will help.

candun 23:53 03 Apr 2007

blueyonder advise that they do not support 'Office Outlook' only Outlook Express. This all may have changed after the recent Maint'ce work involving Virgin Media and the original servers.

iqs 08:54 04 Apr 2007

all for your help.I now have access to my e-mails via Outlook.Could not of achieved this without your help.Cheers :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?