Outlook XP crashes on send/receive

BBM 09:17 12 Sep 2003

When I receive an email from a friend it crashes Outlook XP and goes to 'Not Responding'when downloading from my POP box. It only does this from one person who is in my contacts list. Sometimes I don't even recieve the email at all. He has tried sending from a different email address at Yahoo and it still does the same.

I have no problem with any email or any other contact.

However if I download my emails from Outlook Express 6 there is no problem at all. Unfortuneatley I need to use Outlook XP, as we are currently using and installing Small Business Server and EXhange 2000.

Does anyone have any ideas, I have been using Outlook XP for while and have received emails from this firend before with no problem and then it just started.

plankton 12:42 12 Sep 2003

Is this all e-mails from the one person, or a specific one with an attachment?

BBM 12:51 12 Sep 2003

All emails from just the one person, no attachments

plankton 15:36 12 Sep 2003

Have you checked the setup of his and your Outlook, it is possible (although unlikely) that there is something incompatible with his/her format.

Are u using a mail-washer or spam killer which has inadvertantly marked them as a "do not receive"?

I think we need someone who knows more about outlook xp to assist here please. ,o)

plankton 18:17 13 Sep 2003

Anyone out there who can suggest something for BBM??

BBM 11:03 15 Sep 2003

I do use Ad Subtract, but I have checked and his email has not been added to it's lists. any Outlook Express still downloads this email OK.

plankton 12:44 15 Sep 2003

Looks like everyone who uses outlook xp is on holiday. 'fraid I cant help any more.....:o(

BBM 13:10 15 Sep 2003

Never mind thanks for your interest anyway. I've cut my loses and signed up for a hotmail account for my to send mail to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?