Outlook-Word OLE registration error

User-064D8D8D-326C-46F0-A5916820C563BECF 18:50 14 Jun 2009

I receive an error message in Outlook when I go to reply or write email:

"Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed ,[or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program."

I tried to "repair" my Office installation and then tried to "reinstall" my Office installation, but neither helped. I was using Outlook with Word as the editor just this morning but now it gives me this error message.

Any suggestions?

VoG II 18:53 14 Jun 2009

This may help click here

mfletch 18:54 14 Jun 2009

This any help

click here

Once again, my sincere thanks for the offers of help. VoG, I followed everything in the proposed solution, but I think whatever loophole WinXP had which allowed the problem was too big. mfletch, it was just that simple! A one line command fixed the problem completely. One day I would like to know what causes these seemingly mundane .dll and other such files to just corrupt or disappear! I don't understand, but there seems to be a never ending string of such "problems." Once again, thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?