Outlook won't work

sambucameister 23:02 14 Dec 2006

Hi All,
I used to use OE for e-mails, with Outlook for contacts and schedules etc (don't know why really). Then my PC crashed and was scrubbed clean. when I re-loaded everything (Office 2000 pro) OE works fine but Outlook wont open. I get the following - Unable to open default e-mail folders. Outlook could not start because a location to send and receive e-mail could not be found. To add a location, such as a personal folder file, double click the mail icon in windows control panel.
When I click OK, I get a box with - Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?
Click Yes, then get - Outlook is not currently your default manager for calender and contacts. Would you like to register Outlook as the default manager.
Click yes, then nothing happens.

Any thoughts out there?
I could really do with Outlook back if possible.

brundle 00:23 15 Dec 2006
  sambucameister 13:18 15 Dec 2006

Hi Brundle - thanks for the link ( the top one won't open for some reason).
I think the problem is that I have a corporate version of Outlook loaded and I can't personalise it. Its far too complicated for me but thanks anyway.

terryf 17:18 15 Dec 2006

Have you considered using Open Office which is free and will do practically everything that the msoft Office will do click here

wee eddie 17:59 15 Dec 2006

Unfortunately, alternatives to "Outlook" are few and far between. Open Office does not have one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?